[Shadow_Group] Fw: David Kelly Suicide Verdict
shadowgroup-l at lists.resist.ca
shadowgroup-l at lists.resist.ca
Mon Dec 13 16:50:41 PST 2004
rense.com
Paramedics Query
David Kelly Suicide Verdict
By Adam Lusher and James Fraser-Andrews
The Telegraph - UK
12-12-4
The paramedics who attended the death of Dr David Kelly, the government
scientist at the centre of the controversy over the Iraq weapons dossier,
last night disputed the Hutton inquiry's verdict that he had killed
himself by slashing his wrist.
Dave Bartlett and Vanessa Hunt insisted that there was relatively little
blood at the scene when Dr Kelly's body was discovered in woods near his
Oxfordshire home on July 18 last year. This, they said, made it extremely
unlikely that the scientist died from the cuts on his left wrist.
Dr Kelly's death last year caused a controversy that appeared to threaten
the Government. He had been revealed as the source for a BBC radio report
claiming that the Government had "sexed up" the case against Saddam
Hussein in its dossier on the dictator's alleged weapons of mass
destruction.
The Hutton Report, which largely exonerated the Government, ruled that Dr
Kelly died by "bleeding from incised wounds to his left wrist". However,
Mr Bartlett and Ms Hunt - both paramedics for more than 15 years - said
the lack of blood around Dr Kelly's body appeared not to support such a
cause of death. Ms Hunt said: "I just think it is incredibly unlikely
that he died from the wrist wound we saw. There just wasn't a lot of
bloodÖ When somebody cuts an artery, whether accidentally or
intentionally, the blood pumps everywhere."
Both paramedics gave evidence to the Hutton inquiry in September last
year, explaining how they had tried unsuccessfully to revive the
scientist with electrodes attached to his chest. Mr Bartlett told Lord
Hutton that he was surprised there wasn't more blood if it was "an
arterial bleed".
Last night, he explicitly questioned Lord Hutton's findings on the cause
of death. He told the Observer newspaper, in the presence of his
solicitor: "Had it been a member of my family I wouldn't have accepted
what they came out with."
The paramedics, who spoke as individuals and not as representatives of
Oxfordshire Ambulance Trust, their employer, did not suggest any other
possible cause of death.
After the Hutton inquiry, Nicholas Gardiner, the Oxfordshire Coroner,
decided there was no public interest in re-opening the inquest as Dr
Kelly's family had accepted Lord Hutton's verdict and had no desire to
re-open the case.
© Copyright of Telegraph Group Limited 2004.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;sessionid=QT31ZET2PULVHQFIQMFS<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;sessionid=QT31ZET2PULVHQFIQMFS>
NAG
AVCBQ0JVC?xml=/news/2004/12/12/nkelly12.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/12/12/ixnew
stop.html
&secureRefresh=true&_requestid=29107
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.resist.ca/pipermail/shadowgroup-l/attachments/20041213/95c7ed8e/attachment.html>
More information about the ShadowGroup-l
mailing list