[Ost-news] Dehcho "Unlikely to Buckle" under new Chief over MGP

Oil Sands Truth: Shut down the Tar Sands - social and environmental impacts of tar sands heavy oil projects across North America news at resist.ca
Tue Feb 19 15:17:45 PST 2008


Pipeline holdouts unlikely to buckle  
By CP 

FORT SIMPSON, N.W.T. -- The new leader of the last aboriginal group to hold out against a northern natural gas pipeline says he isn't likely to bring the Dehcho First Nation on board the $16-billion project any time soon. 

Gerald Antoine, chosen last week as interim chief, said yesterday he's not convinced joining a consortium of northern aboriginals that would own a one-third share in the Mackenzie Valley project would serve his people's best interests.

[read more][1]

    [1]: http://oilsandstruth.org/dehcho-quotunlikely-bucklequot-under-new-chief-over-mgp

URL: http://oilsandstruth.org/dehcho-quotunlikely-bucklequot-under-new-chief-over-mgp



More information about the Ost-news mailing list